Sunday 22 September 2013

Review: Urban Decay's NAKED Basics palette


Whilst visiting Manchester to meet up with a friend, I had some time to kill and found myself stumbling into the Debenhams make up section filled with counter after counter of beautiful products that  for the majority of the time I like to stand and cry at because I can't afford much. I was feeling ever so slightly giddy yesterday however and I convinced myself to buy Urban Decay's NAKED Basics palette which came to £20 which for six beautiful shadows I suppose isn't too bad. I've been wanting to try out the UD products for such a long time as beauty blogger after beauty blogger rave about them and the temptation got too much!

The palette itself is beautifully packaged and I adore that there are both matte colours for your base and crease, and shimmery shadows for the corners of your eyes to brighten and dust across your brow bone and over the top of you shadow to give it a little more glamour. One of the things I love most about these shadows is that they don't seem to drop like a lot of others do meaning that I don't feel the constant need to touch up or check that I don't look like the complete wreck I once did! haha, she jokes...or does she? And I'm now tempted to break out and buy one of the larger palettes at a later date.


To create the look above, I used 'Naked 2' as a base and using a blending brush I slowly applied 'Faint' to the outer corner of my lid and through my crease. Once satisfied with the same blending brush I used 'Crave' to slightly darken that outer corner, making sure I was blending thoroughly all the time. To the inner corners of my eye to brighten the look I used 'Venus' to add a subtle sparkle, and 'Foxy' to my brow bone. Using a clean blending brush I checked over to make sure I had no harsh edges.

To finish the look I applied my Collection liquid eyeliner in black to my waterline and top lid, Maybelline's 'Falsies Volum'Express' in brown and the Rimmel professional brow pencil in hazel, MAC's finishing powder in 'Soft and Gentle' and last but not least my Coloursensational lipstick in '150, Stellar Pink'.

No comments:

Post a Comment